Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Advent Wreath

I love my Advent Wreath!


I make a new Advent Wreath every year. I have a candle-holding ring base that I usually wrap Eucalyptus leaves around and tie with gold ribbon. Today, we did something a bit different.
I love, love, love my Advent Wreath!

This year the boys wanted a nature theme. So, we bought some colored Eucalyptus as usual, but also pine cone and berry sticks, fake ice-coated branches, silver ribbon, and a bird.
Oh, how I love my Advent Wreath!


We are supposing that bird is a Dove. We placed him next to the rose-colored candle which, most of you know, symbolizes hope and is lit on Gaudete Sunday. We thought it was fitting that peace be perched by hope--the two go hand in hand.
Have I mentioned yet, that I love this Advent Wreath? I look at it and it makes me happy. It is a little piece of heaven in my domestic church--a pretty little reminder that the Savior is coming and despite all the distractions, I will not be left out of the preparations.

Let every heart prepare Him room!

* * *

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely.
Well done.
In Jesus,
Maria in the UK
www.inhishands.co.uk

Jen said...

Beautiful! I'll hire you on to make one for us next year. ;-)

Jamie said...

I love your Advent wreath also!

helene said...

Where did you get the candles? I am having trouble this year finding the right colors. JoAnn Fabrics usually has a boxed set for sale this time of year, but they burn too quickly. Yours look high quality.

Suzanne Temple said...

helene, I have an extra set. They're yours if you want them. The extra set is tappered, though. I bought them first, but then found the classic cut I prefer.

Cay said...

Beautiful!

Erika said...

Very beautiful. I still need to find my Advent wreath. I should get cracking on that.

Theresa said...

Very pretty.

Matilda said...

I do a new one every year as well! This year it is votive candles in wine glasses (non-breakable) positioned in the middle of a wreath decorated with purple and pink mini-roses. I suspended the whole thing from the ceiling with white ribbon.

I really like yours and want to know more about the base. Is it just a plain brass ring with four candle holders? I have seen those around and might pick one up for next year.

Suzanne Temple said...

Wow, matilda, that sounds really neat! I'd love to see it. The base is just a brass ring with four holders.

j.a.varela said...

congratulations!

I dropped here looking for an Advent Wreath. What a surprise!

Feel frewe to visit our family blog.

j.a.varela

products said...

China Wholesale has been described as the world’s factory. This phenomenom is typified by the rise ofbusiness. Incredible range of products available with China Wholesalers “Low Price and High Quality” not only reaches directly to their target clients worldwide but also ensures that wholesale from china from China means margins you cannot find elsewhere and buy products wholesaleChina Wholesale will skyroket your profits.wedding dressescheap naruto cosplayanime cosplaycheap Gemstone Jewelry