Monday, October 16, 2006

Smarter Than A Hairy Primate

The boys were eager to do some Halloween crafting today, but we were all out of Elmer's Glue. In a moment of desperate delirium, I brought out the only adhesive we had on hand: Gorilla Glue.

Luckily, the crafting came off without incident, but we did have this interesting exchange:

"Why do they call it Gorilla Glue?" asked Alex.

"Well," I said, "because it is stronger than a gorilla. Be careful, it could glue your hand to the table."

"What is smarter than a gorilla?" Jacob asked in a sinus-stuffed daze.

"Nothing!" said Alex, correcting his brother's mistake.

"That's not true," Simeon said, coming to my defense. "Mama is."

Oh, the flattery I get with this job can sometimes give me a big head.

3 comments:

debbie said...

O beware of the Gorilla Glue! My 12 year (boy of course) is forbidden to even LOOK at it. I am still trying to get it off my countertops after 4 months!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I still have some on my kitchen counter but I'm afraid my HUSBAND was the culprit.

I'm curious what the craft was?

Suzanne Temple said...

Anon,

The craft was nothing fancy, but rather cute. It was a pre-packaged thingie a friend gave us when we saw her at the library. A little foam jack-O-lanern you glue together on a backing under the words "Shine With the Light of Jesus" and a poem underneath.

"Let me shine with the light of Jesus.
Let my eyes see the beauty all around.
Never let me turn my nose up to others
and let my mouth share the good news I have found"

When you're done you tie a string to it and it hangs on your bedroom door knob.