Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Poetry of Proper Table Etiquette

Remind. Remind. Remind. That's what it's all about. So long as I can do that while keeping my expectations low and my sense of humor high, I think we'll be Ok.

The boys helped me on the humor end of it at the dinner table tonight. When I reminded Alex, "Sit straight. Eat over your plate." I opened a floodgate of creativity that led to the boisterous composition of this poem...

One, two, don't talk and chew;

Three, four, keep your chair on the floor;

Five, six, no crazy tricks;

Seven, eight, eat over your plate;

Nine, ten, we don't live in a pen.

Thank you boys, I think I'm going to use this quite often. Could reciting poetry ever be considered nagging?

6 comments:

Mom to Almost Four said...

I love it!!!! I plan to copy it, post it and make it required memorization work. This would be great to illustrate too! So many possibilities! Oh, the fruit of fun and silliness.

Kristen said...

Love it Suzanne! I would post a favorite song around here my husband made up called "Soggy Bottom Girls", but will leave that for another time....

Love2Learn Mom said...

I love it! We used to have to go through a little routine, ahem, "reminder" before we entered a restaurant (no running, no jumping on the seats, no bouncing, no screaming, no yelling , etc.), but yours is much nicer. :)

Melissa said...

That's GREAT! It's just the sort of thing I could see myself cross-stiching and hanging in my kitchen. I love it!

AnotherCoward said...

I must pass this on to wife. She'll love it. And accuse me with it, too, no doubt :)

Cathy said...

I'm with Melissa on this one, but considering my cross stitching skills, maybe some other way!

I am enjoying seeing what's going on with you and all of your men. You definitely are blessed, aren't you?