It is a good thing we aren't superstitious.
Because on this Friday, the thirteenth of October, a day Daniel Handler's Lemony Snicket deemed particularly appropriate to release his last book in "A Series of Unfortunate Events," Jeremy will begin the most expensive year of his life.
No, we aren't superstitious, but it couldn't hurt to list thirteen things I love about you, dear, just to lend the number thirteen a more positive image:
- You're Bona Fide.
- Our boys adore you.
- You're intelligent,
- and thoughtful,
- and modest.
- Your hair. If we ever have a girl, I want her to have your hair.
- You are always looking for ways to better yourself
- and doing them!
- You work hard.
- You're tall and well built,
- but the gentlest of gentlemen.
- This sort of thing embarrasses you,
- but you won't be angry with me for doing it, anyway!