Thursday, October 19, 2006

An Examination of Conscience

Five Things I Did Not Do Today That Were On the To-Do List:

  1. Start a grocery list.
  2. Put away the remaining summer clothes.
  3. Sand and prime bathroom wall where old hardware hung.
  4. Afternoon reading with Alex.
  5. Go for a run.
Five Things I Did Do Today That Were Not On the To-Do List:

  1. Considered, were I a deadly serpent, would I rather have fangs and venom or be a constrictor, like the Boa.
  2. Washed green stamp pad ink off Zachary's hands and tongue.
  3. Discussed the violent, bloody and blubbery rivaling of male elephant seals.
  4. Vacuumed two of the boys after they emptied the contents of the electric pencil sharpener onto their fleece pajamas.
  5. Discovered that the skeleton of the pit viper looks very much like a centipede and that a sloth, at least in our book and according to Alex, looks just like Chubaka...or would it be the other way around?

6 comments:

Alice said...

>Vacuumed two of the boys after they emptied the >contents of the electric pencil sharpener onto their >fleece pajamas.

This one really made me laugh. We had a similar event here yesterday, but for us the culprit was tiny specks of styrofoam!

Michelle said...

I also liked the vacuuming part.

But I really liked that the first thing on your to-do list was ...to make a list.

Anonymous said...

Loved "vacuuming the boys" ... too funny! A mother's to-do list is always good for a smile. :-)

Mary Poppins NOT said...

This totally cracked me up. To do lists never get done in my house. But I don't usually have such an interesting list of it's replacements!

Blessings!

Denise said...

Its so nice to know someone's "to do" and "what actually gets done" lists are similar to my days....
Thanks for a great laugh today!

LYL said...

Just like my life - but more funny!