Tuesday, September 19, 2006

In Loving Memory


Two years ago, today, we lost Jeremy's father. Jeremy and I were married young and so I could really look to his father, in some ways, as my own. And although I was Catholic and he was Southern Baptist, he took me into his family and, I believe, into his heart.

He was a man of demonstrated faith, boundless generosity, and tremendous warmth. He was loved by all who knew him. From his example, I saw that a generous heart receives much, that a good listener will always have friends, and that a good life is one lived in tireless service to one's neighbor because of one's living and growing love for God.

We are grateful for the beautiful time we spent with him in the mountains of West Virginia just weeks before he died. This picture of him with Alex was taken during that trip.

We miss you, Dad, and we love you! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

helene said...

What a lovely tribute. I miss my father-in-law, too.

Renee said...

What lovely words about your father-in-law. I miss my dad so very much.

Theresa in Washington state said...

Hello Suzanne.....
Learned of your blog from your sis'
blog. You ladies do so inspire me.
Kudos to you both!

Kristen said...

Beautiful. Isn't it wonderful to have our own family members, so close to our kids, to edify and inspire us all to be better.