Last night, while vacuuming the dining room rug the top part of the vacuum suddenly separated from the bottom part of the vacuum. Not a problem.
1. Look closely at where the vacuum parts come together and notice the screw holes and missing screws.
2. Check where the screws come out the other side and note approximately how long the screws need to be.
3. Look in special drawer in the kitchen where all the hardware the boys bring me is kept.
4. Find two long screws there and one bolt that look right.
5. Unscrew the register vent in the foyer.
6. Reach in the heating duct and find the other bolt there.
7. Replace register vent, screws and bolts.
8. Finish vacuuming.